The HPS Network attended the Pulmonary Fibrosis Summit Nov. 10 – 12 in Nashville, TN. The summit was organized by the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation and featured tracks for patients and caregivers, as well as medical professionals. “The content at the Pulmonary Fibrosis Summit was very robust,” says Donna Appell, President and CEO of the Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network, “It was exciting to see so much interest in the genetics behind pulmonary fibrosis, as well as a talk about Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome given by Dr. Lisa Young.” Appell reported a myriad of potential medications in the pipeline to treat pulmonary fibrosis. That, coupled with other potential therapies such as the use of stem cells, was hopeful for everyone in the pulmonary fibrosis community.Nancy Lee, a board member of the HPS Network and a double lung transplant recipient, also attended the event.
- HPS Network attends Pulmonary Fibrosis Summit
- HPS Network joins coalition of rare disease organizations to oppose repeal of the Orphan Drug Tax Credit
- Purchase coffee and tea to help fund the cure
- HPS Network collaborates with the Rare Lung Disease Consortium to accelerate research
- Research Alert: HPS Network tracking medical issues, looking for HPSers with specific characteristics