The HPS Network attended the Pulmonary Fibrosis Summit Nov. 10 – 12 in Nashville, TN. The summit was organized by the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation and featured tracks for patients and caregivers, as well as medical professionals. “The content at the Pulmonary Fibrosis Summit was very robust,” says Donna Appell, President and CEO of the Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network, “It was exciting to see so much interest in the genetics behind pulmonary fibrosis, as well as a talk about Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome given by Dr. Lisa Young.” Appell reported a myriad of potential medications in the pipeline to treat pulmonary fibrosis. That, coupled with other potential therapies such as the use of stem cells, was hopeful for everyone in the pulmonary fibrosis community.Nancy Lee, a board member of the HPS Network and a double lung transplant recipient, also attended the event.
- Flor Otero’s transplant story published in the Highlands News-Sun
- HPS Network offers wallet card with QR code
- Eat for the Cure at Mama Gina’s in Valley Stream, NY
- 26th Annual HPS Network Conference to be held for families affected by HPS
- Update the HPS Network on new developments in your health history