The HPS Network attended the Pulmonary Fibrosis Summit Nov. 10 – 12 in Nashville, TN. The summit was organized by the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation and featured tracks for patients and caregivers, as well as medical professionals. “The content at the Pulmonary Fibrosis Summit was very robust,” says Donna Appell, President and CEO of the Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network, “It was exciting to see so much interest in the genetics behind pulmonary fibrosis, as well as a talk about Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome given by Dr. Lisa Young.” Appell reported a myriad of potential medications in the pipeline to treat pulmonary fibrosis. That, coupled with other potential therapies such as the use of stem cells, was hopeful for everyone in the pulmonary fibrosis community.Nancy Lee, a board member of the HPS Network and a double lung transplant recipient, also attended the event.
- Dr. William Gahl receives Lifetime Achievement Award from the HPS Network
- HPS Network exhibits at New York Thoracic Society
- HPS Network Supports the 2018 FASEB Science Research Conference on “The Lung Epithelium in Health and Disease”
- Kids write about rare to raise money for the HPS Network
- Klein hosts fundraiser at Bertucci’s